ABOUT ME & THE WAY I WORK
My approach is Integrative, based on Psychosynthesis model – a holistic approach to healing, growth and transformation. It deals with the whole person: body, mind, feelings and spirit, and takes into consideration all human needs, from the basic psychological needs for security, love, relationships, respect and recognition, to the needs for meaning, higher values and self-actualisation.
Psychosynthesis holds the view that every difficulty we face or crises we experience is an opportunity for positive change and growth.
In my work I use, along with
Prior to my training in counselling and psyhotherapy, I received a BSc in Quantum Physics. Over the years my passion for quantum physics turned into a passion for psychology, as my initial curiosity about the natural world changed into an interest in the human inner world.
I have 25 years of experience working with clients, dealing with a wide range of issues including:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and feelings that seem overwhelming
- Low-mood, depression, and feelings of loneliness and helplessness
- Personal crisis and major life change
- Loss of an important relationship, home, or job
- Difficulties in relationships or at work
- Low self-esteem, or absence of direction or meaning in life
- Need for self-exploration and self-discovery
- Master Degree in Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Transpersonal & Integrative Supervision for groups and individuals
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher
- BSc in Quantum Physics
- I am a senior counsellor, supervisor and Mindfulness teacher at the Putneymead Group – the NHS medical practice
- I teach on the PgDip Course in Counselling at the Psychosynthesis Trust – the counselling and psychotherapy training organisation
- I frequently run workshops and courses for mental health professionals and the general public.
- I teach Mindfulness to individuals and groups, privately and in the NHS settings.
My previous experiences include:
- Head of Training at the Psychosynthesis Trust, London
- Tutor at the Mary Ward Center
- Senior Counsellor at the NHS clinic Aylesbury Partnership
- Counsellor at the Waterloo Community Counselling, in their Multi-Ethnic Counselling Service